can I erase Freeserve branding?

micklemouse 14:30 05 Dec 03

My daughters computer runs on Windows 98 and mine on XP. We have both used Freeserve for some time, but eartlier this week I installed a new ISP on both computers to obtain broadband. Mine has the correct ISP branding in to top bar, and the Windows logo in the top right hand corner of any web page. My daughters web pages however all show this

Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve

and they all still show the Freeserve logo rotating in the top right-hand corner. Is there a way I can replace this with the correct ISP, which happens to be Pipex by the way.

Thanks micklemouse

soy 14:40 05 Dec 03

An excellent freeware utility called 'IE Restore' can retore your IE back to the original branding. click here

micklemouse 14:57 05 Dec 03

thanks, great to know there's software even for this problem lol

Djohn 15:36 05 Dec 03

A

Djohn 15:40 05 Dec 03

As soy's link, also you can put your own name up there if you wish and choose any logo you want to have in the top right hand corner.

Sorry for the "A" above! Finger slipped and post went off without the contents. :o(

bremner 15:44 05 Dec 03

click here for a quick method

micklemouse 09:16 06 Dec 03

thank you for the help, the branding has gone and Freeserve can no longer remind me that I have deserted them ;-))

Bye from micklemouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…