Can I do this with Partition Magic??

JBX22 01:21 17 Nov 06

Dear All,

I have a system with 2 internal HDDs and an external HDD (250GB). The internals are 200GB (D:\) and one split into C:\ (20GB) which has the OS etc and E:\ (60GB)which is data.

I have new software that needs 20GB on its own so I need to resize the partitions to about 30GB and 50GB. Can I do this with Partition Magic? - file structure is NTFS.

I did find a windows utility but it said it couldn't do it for whatever reason. Please help.

Thanks
John

Snec 06:07 17 Nov 06

Yes, that is what PM is for. That's an amazingly large (20GB) piece of software you have there, mind.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:03 17 Nov 06

Can you not just install to your D:\ 220G drive?

JBX22 09:38 17 Nov 06

Hi Guys,
Thanks for this was afraid of deleting something important. Will it be ok on the external HD? Wasn't sure if it needed to be on the C:.

It is Adobe Production SUite Premium which is on like 7 DVDs, says it could take an hour to install and has a minimum RAM requirement of 1GB, ideally 2GB!!!

IF you think I can install on external drive, this would save some time. Then I can call this resolved.
Thanks
John

Simsy 11:10 17 Nov 06

you probably can install to the external drive, I would have thought that the nature of what the software is doing means it will require frequent, fast access to the HDD for various gubbins... bearing this in mind I suspect that USB is not the best interface and you would be better installing to an internal disc, eg the D, as suggested by Fruit Bat /\0/\.

(I'm assuming it's video/music/image software?)

I'm open to correction on my theory, of course!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

JBX22 12:20 17 Nov 06

Hi again,

Yes it is video editing and will require lots of rapid access. But now I'm more confident about the Partition Magic approach.

Thanks for your help
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…