Can I do a full install of XP?

otubby1 15:12 13 May 03

At the moment I am on Windows ME and a while ago I upgraded to XP. The problem was, and it stated this beforehand, I had big problems with my broadband modem. Although I've changed operating systems in the past, it has only ever been after a full format. That's just the way things worked out :)

What I would like to know is, if I full install XP, will I lose any of my work? I have a lot of it backed up to cd but, from past experience, I doubt if I have got everything.

My system is good to take XP by the way.

otubby1 15:13 13 May 03

Sorry guys, I forgot to say I uninstalled XP and went back to ME.

dth 15:17 13 May 03

you should be fine but it is always best to have a full backup just in case. Past postings both here and elsewhere usually recommend that a clean install of XP is the best way to proceed - as upgrades can cause problems. You can use an upgrade disc to do a fresh install - as long as you have your m/e disc to confirm eligibility

otubby1 15:39 13 May 03

Thanks dth. I wasn't sure if I could go that way and keep my work. Would it be a good idea to get the drivers for my modem first?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…