Can I delete user names from MSN sign-in page?

Prior to selling my (windows XP) desktop. I would like to delete user names and MSN hotmail addresses from the sign-in page. Please can anyone explain how to do this?
Thanks in anticipation

VoG II 17:15 02 Apr 04

Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

On the Advanced tab, click the Manage Passwords button.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:17 02 Apr 04

You need to delete the cookies for each user and untick remember my details that should them request both username and password at signin.Turn system restore off as well to delete any saved bits there may be.

Regards.

Old Shep 17:23 02 Apr 04

You are brilliant I did not think you could do that. Thank You

Old Shep 17:23 02 Apr 04

You are brilliant I did not think you could do that. Thank You

Sorry VoG your suggestion didn't work but thanks anyway!

Thanks for your advice A NICKNAME, Sorry to be so thick, but how do I go about it? I'm very much of a novice!

Old Shep 21:54 02 Apr 04

How come VOG'S suggestion did not work for you. I did it straight away no problem??????

temp003 05:40 03 Apr 04

To delete cookies, in Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, under General Tab, click Delete cookies. While you're there, delete Files as well.

Idle And Wild 11:11 03 Apr 04

Vog's solution is the one that I was going to post and is widely accepted as the way to do it. It does work. Make sure you're typing "control userpasswords2".

To: Old Shep,Idle And Wild, and VoG,
VoG's solution to my problem certainly had its merits. Unfortunately the MSN hotmail addresses were not shown for deletion within the 'Stored Usernames and Passwords' box. The only e mail address shown is my main address from my ISP.

Also to A NICKNAME and temp003,
Have also tried your suggestion of deleting cookies, but offending MSN hotmail addresses still refuse to be deleted from my screen
But thanks for your suggestion.

temp003 01:42 04 Apr 04

Presumably you don't want to format the hard drive and reinstall XP?

The other place to try is Internet Options, Content tab, AutoComplete, Clear Forms, Clear Passwords.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced