can I delete trojan horse?

march 15:53 29 Mar 05

AVG found this & removed it to the virus vault, it is uncleanable & can someone tell me if it's ok to just delete it please?

Trojan horse startpage.19.D- hgfc.dll in C:\windows\system\hgfc.dll

thanks in advance

Yoda Knight 16:01 29 Mar 05

AVG (and most other anti-virus progs) store them in a "vault" where it cant do any damage. The idea is that future updates may be able to repair the file.

You can choose to delete the file as it is unausable to you anyway at this point. You may want to take a note of the file name, locate it on a friends machine and copy it back to the same location, especialy if u loose sum functionality :)

march 16:09 29 Mar 05

thanks for response Yoda Knight, will probably leave it in Virus vault as you suggest & maybe avg future update will sort it

I was assuming that with it saying 'startpage' that it was downloaded from an internet site at some point and could just be deleted but was wary as it says 'system' & 'hgfc.dll' didn't want to mess pc up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…