Can I delete everything from my download folder?

Triprajul 03:10 09 Oct 10

Greetings:

OK, I admit that this is a novice question but I am a computer novice so what would you expect. I have many things in my download folder. I have kept them because I am scared that if I delete them this will some how affect the program on my HDD. For example, I have Hitman.pro, file size 6158 KBs. Can I delete this with no consequence? Finally, do I understand this correctly? In the download folder, I simply get the "set-up" programs that I use to put the actual much larger programs on my HDD. Any advce given is greatly appreciated.

Kevscar1 05:27 09 Oct 10

Yes you can delete everything there. These are just compreesed files that can be downloaded quiker that way. Once installed they are not needed.

lotvic 10:11 09 Oct 10

If you want to keep them in case you need to reinstall anytime you could burn them to CD/DVD

isca2 10:35 09 Oct 10

As lotvic says, I would suggest you keep them just in case you need to re-install. I delete older ones when I download a newer version for instance, but in meantime, keep them on an external hard drive out of the way.

gengiscant 10:44 09 Oct 10

This is a useful program to keep, for a lot of the more popular software we all have.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…