Can I create an autorun CD for my programs

plsndrs3 12:31 06 Feb 04

Hi everyone,

I have a collection of a lot of freeware programs collected over time that are burnt to CD for later use - usually after a format or used as a PC recovery for friends. I currently have to open windows explorer, open the CD & find the executable file I need.

Is there any way, using Nero 5 or XP home, that I can create a CD that autoruns into either the Windows Explorer interface or opens similar to the style of the free CDs on magazines?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

BR

Paul

Djohn 12:39 06 Feb 04

Hi Paul. Not sure why, but all CD's I make with Nero, auto-run when inserted. Are you sure the auto-run feature of your drive is enabled?

Belatucadrus 12:49 06 Feb 04
  duckers 13:00 06 Feb 04

make a file called Autorun.inf, in the file have:

open=<program name to run>
icon=<the icon you want the CD-ROM to display>

put this on the CD when you burn it, windows look sfor autorun.inf when a CD is loaded.
You dont really need the icon, its like when office is inserted your CD-ROM drive icon changes to an office icon,,

Switcher 13:02 06 Feb 04

^

plsndrs3 13:32 06 Feb 04

Djohn - I realise what you mean, but that is not really what I want. Looking for an interfac kind of thing along the lines of the suggestion from Belatucadrus which looks very good; will try later

duckers - thanks for that. What if I have more than one program on the disk, can I insert multiple icons?

Thanks to all & will tick as resolved.

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…