can i copy microsoft office to disc

mucka68 16:08 25 Feb 08

hi guys i have lost my copy of microsoft office profesional and i was wandering if there was any way of copying the program off my laptop to disc so i can reinstall it to my pc.

Taff™ 16:15 25 Feb 08

In Short - No.

However you could run Belarc Advisor, print off the report (which will give you your license key) and then re-install it from a borrowed copy using your "Genuine License Key".

mucka68 15:23 27 Feb 08

cheers taff just got to find a copy now

Andsome 15:51 27 Feb 08

Have you tried burning a copy to CD? It is certainly possibl;e to copy Office 2000.

phoenix42 16:11 27 Feb 08

Since I have recently copied several items from my computer using an old 512mb 'Kingston Traveler' memory stick .I see no reason not to.

phoenix42 16:15 27 Feb 08

Ooops ,should really have said 'instead' of using disc, try a suitable 'stick' as stated

pj123 16:40 27 Feb 08

I agree with Taff™. You cannot copy (directly)any program from your hard disk to a CD or DVD.

Andsome, "It is certainly possibl;e to copy Office 2000"

From where?

Terry Brown 16:59 27 Feb 08

There are sites you can download it 'illegally', but the chances are you will pick up a nasty (or two), in my opinion- not worth the risk.
Terry

mucka68 07:47 28 Feb 08

tried copying to memory stick but this just copies the shortcut.

Andsome 08:45 28 Feb 08

pj123
Wed, [email protected]:40

I agree with Taff™. You cannot copy (directly)any program from your hard disk to a CD or DVD.

Andsome, "It is certainly possibl;e to copy Office 2000"

From another disc.

€dstowe 08:50 28 Feb 08

A programs are distributed in numerous places on a hard drive, the item in the computer bears little resemblance to what was originally on the program disk.

It is (almost) impossible to recover that information back to a form suitable for writing to any external medium.

The way to do it is, as was suggested above, borrow an original disk. This is perfectly legal provided you have a genuine Product Key for the software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant