can i copy cds from one disc drive??

Mitul123 18:23 06 Oct 05

i have a laptop and 1 disc drive and no cd copier so if i want to copy cds cant i copy the orignal cd and then put a new dics in and paste it there and burn????

SOREBLADE 18:25 06 Oct 05

Let me get this straight you have no CD burner??

Mitul123 18:26 06 Oct 05

yes i have a cd burner.

Gongoozler 18:28 06 Oct 05

As far as I know this is quite possible. In Nero if you set the source and destination drives to be the same (and you have no option if there's only one drive), you simply don't have the option to "Quick Burn", and so an image of the source cd is written to the hard drive first.

SOREBLADE 18:29 06 Oct 05

Oh EASY look in your CD burning software and find the option that lets you do that. What CD burning sotware are you using??

Mitul123 18:31 06 Oct 05

not sure , im using the laptops software(toshiba), it was already installed
thanks anyway

SOREBLADE 18:33 06 Oct 05

OK Copy all the data on the CD to you hard drive (Just copy and paste)and then copy that to your CD drive it'll then come up with write these files to CD and your done!

Gongoozler 18:34 06 Oct 05

Whatever the software, it should have an option to specify the source and destination drives.

SOREBLADE 18:36 06 Oct 05

Mitul123 18:36 06 Oct 05

all that looks fab! ill give it all a go.

Stuartli 18:56 06 Oct 05

Even if you have a CD/DVD-ROM drive and separate rewriter, creating an image file first on the hard drive delivers superior quality to copying on the fly.

It's the method I've always preferred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…