Can I convert .exe files to .inf files?

Mogli 23:44 21 Jun 03

I've downloaded an .exe file from which I hope will make my new computer with Window XP recognise my scanner Plustek Optic Pro 9636P.

When using the 'Add imaging device' wizard browse button for the driver it only gives the option of .inf files so doesn't see the .exe file I am trying to open.

Problem occurs because I've got a new PC but want to use my old scanner if I can.

Any ideas?

woodchip 23:48 21 Jun 03

Short and sweet NO

DieSse 23:48 21 Jun 03

No you can't "convert" an EXE file to an inf file.

Most downloads adree zipped or exe files, as they are compressed to save space. An exe file in this instance will be a self-extarcting compressed file.

What you probably need to do is double click on the exe file, which will unpack it from it's zipped state, into a foledr of your choice, or it's own choice.. Then it will be a set of files including the inf file, which is the driver you want.

woodchip 23:49 21 Jun 03

Double click the EXE file for it to work

Terrahawk 00:07 22 Jun 03

if it is an exe file as Woodchip has said double click the exe file this should install the driver for you without the wizard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…