can i connect internal tower floppy to laptop

caterpilla 15:49 04 Jan 04

any one tell me if it is possible to connect an external floppy disc driver to my laptop as my laptop only has a cd drive and im not able to save any of my work so if theres a problem one day i could lose all my years of hardwork THE EXTERNAL FLOPPY DRIVE WAS REMOVED FROM A TOWER, I KNOW YOU CAN GET EXTERNAL USB ONES BUT CAN I PLUG IN THIS ONE IN THE SAME WAY??

caterpilla 16:02 04 Jan 04

/

greenlamp 17:21 04 Jan 04

When you say the drive was removed from a tower I assume it was a purpose designed EXTERNAL drive.
If so and the laptop has the same interface and connector as the external drive then you should be able to use it. You will of course need the appropriate software drivers.

caterpilla 22:22 04 Jan 04

but obviously (maybe not) then it will be to big to fit in my laptop ill need cables ? sorry its a purpose built INTERNAL drive

caterpilla 22:37 04 Jan 04

BUT CAN I USE IT IS THE QUESTION ? CAN I JUST BY THE CONNECTIONS AND PLUG IT IN AND GO?

DieSse 22:37 04 Jan 04

There will almost certainly be nowhere on your laptop to connect it except via USB. By the time you've found an external case for this purpose (if they exist), you'd probably be better off buying one specially made for the purpoe - then you'll be sure not to overload the USB power capacity.

caterpilla 22:45 04 Jan 04

OK THANKS, IM SUCH A CHEAPSKATE
YOU GOTTA ASK THOUGH OR YE DONT LEARN

DieSse 22:49 04 Jan 04

No probs.

Try not to type in CAPS - it's generally considered to be shouting - and bad form.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…