Can i change pics

hooligan 12:01 25 Jun 04

Can i make lighter or darker and change the size of them. i have infranview but when i increase it bigger click save as it does not save at the size.

I have the imaging with windows 98 se but never used it as i cant work it out, i dont really know what its for.

Whats the difference between a jpeg and bit map

also any good paint programs,

cheers

MartinT-B 13:04 25 Jun 04

When you change anything about an image in Irfanview, I suggest you use the Save As option.

You should also be able to manipulate the image in irfanview, just click on Image drop down menu. Options include: increase/decrease colour depth, covert to greyscale, sharpen etc. as well as resize/resample.

Again, use Save As when done.

BMP Microsoft bitmap image format. This is a fairly simple bitmap format that can be viewed on many different platforms but is directly supported by very few browsers. It is not used too much on the web (fortunately, as it is very inefficient) with GIFs, JPEGs, PNGs, and even X-bitmaps being preferred as they are much more portable.

JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. JPEG is a color image compression technique that reduces file sizes by eliminating redundant or unnecessary image data. Many digital cameras automatically save images using the JPEG format. JPEG and GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), another compression method, are the most commonly used image file formats.

I don't use a paint program, so I will leave it to others to suggest.

THE TERMINATOR 23:48 25 Jun 04

I use Coral Draw 3, it is easy to use. But if you want a free program check out click here= ....TT

Sans le Sou 10:35 26 Jun 04

As a stopgap you can use Microsoft paint. It has basic features to resize and convert file formats.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:21 26 Jun 04

Picture/Photo editing :-
The gimp click here
Photoplus5 click here

The gimp has good reviews from many computer mags

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…