can i change given email address

tommy 21 15:33 08 Mar 03

i am quite new to computers and i like to keep in touch with family & friends via email, the email i was given by my isp provider has my full name in it, which is fine for nearly all my emails, however, sometimes i would prefer to have a more private address when i reply to emails sent to me, and would like to keep my privacy,thankyou, tommy.

AndyJ 15:35 08 Mar 03

What ISP? They may offer more than 1 email address or allow aliases.

Terrahawk 15:38 08 Mar 03

does your provider allow more than one mailbox if so you could set up a second adress alternativley you could set up a webmail adress that you can access from any where

Forum Editor 15:38 08 Mar 03

You could open a hotmail account(or similar) which could be as cryptic as you like. Check with your ISP as mine allows me absolutely anything in front of the @ part, so my e-mail addresses are endless!

tommy 21 16:11 08 Mar 03

thanks everyone, there isnt anything sinister in my query, only sometimes i feel a bit vunerable when i reply to strangers, thanks again, regards tommy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…