Can I burn using XP

gudda96 11:49 03 Apr 06

Hi There

I have always used Nero to burn the odd Audio seesion or pictures and I have just d/loaed Nero 7 (100mb) but I ask, does XP have something that allows me to burn/copy without the need for Nero etc.

If so, can anyone instruct me what and how please

SANTOS7 12:07 03 Apr 06

click here
click here
these will help.....

Belatucadrus 12:08 03 Apr 06

There are several ways of doing it with XP, either simply right click the file you want to copy and send it to the CD/DVD writer drive. Or check out the tasks pane at the left of the Windows explorer screen when you look at the files; Music files will have Music tasks, Pictures will have Picture tasks etc. At the bottom there should be a Copy items to CD option. The tasks pane may need expanding to show these options, just click on the double chevron to the right of The Tasks header.

gudda96 17:05 03 Apr 06

Belatucadrus

Your first option, r/c on the file(pic0/send to/d.drive/it tells me "you have files waiting to be written to the cd" what do I do now?

gudda96 17:08 03 Apr 06

Belatucadrus

Sorry but I dont follow the second option re Windows Explorer?

ade.h 19:03 03 Apr 06

Click on the icon that has created the pop-up message; the CD Burning folder will open with temp files displayed within.

Belatucadrus 21:37 03 Apr 06

Having sent the files you want to the CD drive, their should have been a task bar balloon suggesting that you click on it. If you do that then a windows explorer window will open showing all files ready to write to CD/DVD. On the top left hand side of this window there should be a box entitled CD writing tasks with two icons in, the first says Write these files to CD and the second Delete temporary files. Simply click on the first one to start the CD writing wizard.
As to the Windows explore option, just open the folder with the files in a look to the top left hand side for the task box.

AaNnDdYy 23:16 03 Apr 06

or you can drag an drop in the same way from wherever TO the writer and should go from there if it doesnt write straight away ,open the cd tray and then the writing wizard will appear <XP> and close the draw <with blank cd in of course > and away she writes .hope it simplifies a little bit <soz>

gudda96 09:14 04 Apr 06

Starting from fresh!!

chose 2 pics to burn

h/lited 2 pics

r/c

send to

cd drive "D"

you have files waiting to be written to the cd
I see the 2 files(pics)

r/c on the heading "files ready to be written to cthe cd

it takes me to the writing wizard

c/o next

"cannot complete the cd writing wizard"????????

By the way, I am trying to ADD these pics to an existing cd-r which I have always used to collect my pics, in other words, I keep adding to it as I have with Nero Express.

If anyone replies and can help, I would appreciate it very much if you use the step x step layout as I have as I find it easier to follow, many thanks

Belatucadrus 10:06 04 Apr 06

First I'd suggest trying the XP Wizard procedure to add items to a new CDr, this will tell you if the XP burning procedure is working, but having some compatibility problem with your current Neroed CD.

If it still gives you the "cannot complete the CD writing wizard" message, then working out why could be complicated.

Smiler 10:14 04 Apr 06

May I ask what is wrong with using Nero?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…