Can I Boot From This Partition?

s99Raj 09:30 12 Dec 04

I have a Compaq Presario 5WV251 which originally had Windows ME on it. All the original software, drivers, OS, etc. are on a partition labelled D.
What I want to do is restore the computer to its original factory state, but I can't seem to figure out how. I've looked through each file in the D partition to see if any of them is an executable file that would let me do this either from Windows or DOS but nothing seems to work. I've also tried booting up whilst pressing F10 but that doesn't lead me anywhere useful either.

AndySD 09:40 12 Dec 04

You will need the recovery CD or floppy disk that came with the system. If you dont have it then you can order it from click here but it costs.

s99Raj 09:49 12 Dec 04

I had a look at that and got this useless message :

Sorry, your session has timed out for security and efficiency reasons. Please close this browser window and try again...

There must be SOME way of recovering without the recovery CD or floppy (both of which I've lost).

AndySD 10:06 12 Dec 04

click here should work

s99Raj 10:32 12 Dec 04

AndySD's site above is very handy for all the drivers etc. but the recovery CD costs about £26. I'm wondering if there's any way I can simply use the files in my D partition as they are without using a recovery CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…