Can I block e-mail when on holiday?

malcky66 23:07 28 May 07

When I go on holiday for a couple of weeks can I block my e-mail?I have windows xp.

Diodorus Siculus 23:17 28 May 07

If you mean can you stop email coming to your address, then the answer is no.

Diodorus Siculus 23:17 28 May 07

If you mean can you stop email coming to your address, then the answer is no.

Totally-braindead 23:18 28 May 07

I don't know if you can do this or why you would want to, if you're away then you won't get them till you get back so I fail to see what the problem is.

Totally-braindead 23:18 28 May 07

Bit of a stutter there Diodorus Siculus.

malcky66 23:30 28 May 07

thanks for responding;I ask this question because I don't want to come home to an inbox full of crap.I was hoping that when I was away I could put a temporary block on e-mail.

Totally-braindead 23:49 28 May 07

As far as I know the answer is no. In amongst the rubbish there might be something you really want. You wouldn't want to lose that too would you?

See if anyone else posts but Diodorus Siculus seems certain and hes usually right, if he says no then the answers almost certainly no.

Diodorus Siculus 08:49 29 May 07

Totally-braindead - you have more faith in me than I have in myself, despite the stutter ;-)

johndrew 09:33 29 May 07

You can`t block it but possibly you could divert some.

If your ISP allows additional files you could set up rules at your webmail account to put specific items into specific files. Better still if your ISP gives the facility of labeling spam you could get all that in one file away from your `good` mail.

Taff™ 13:20 29 May 07

I agree with Diodorus - can`t be done unless you want to lose everything. Try Mailwasher Free click here and sorting the good from the bad will be a doddle when you return from holiday.

p;3 23:04 29 May 07

why not start using mailwasher and see for yourself the benefits?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac