Can I ask for help with PDA's and Sat nav ?

Cant.think.of.a.username 19:29 12 Oct 06

I know their are other places ( pocketGPS world etc ) but this site is the best for help and advise bar none( still no answer from ' other ' places.)

I recently bought a cheap PDA, on ebay, with built in GPS receiver so I can use the PDA when walking. It is a Navman Pin 570 model PS1022. I want to use my Tom Tom 5 software on in. The program loads up fine and all seems well but I can not get a fix on the signal. I am have tried most settings - other cable NMEA GPS / GPS baud rate 19200 / GPS on NAVIGATOR - was the settings I thought would work. I have waited for over 20 seconds but no signal.

I know the thing works because the navman software fix's no bother. I am doing something wrong ?

Any help would be great.

Meshuga 18:09 13 Oct 06

I agree with you that this forum is the best place for help but it is for help with PC problems,not GPS.

Colinp 19:28 13 Oct 06

I would say that you are simply not giving the unit time to find a fix. It can take much longer than 20secs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…