Can I add more memory?

Hetti 10:49 30 Aug 08

I have run a crucial PC scan to see if i can upgrade my PC's memory, below is the result

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 6291456 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 1536 MB
* Available Memory Slots: N.A.
* Number of Banks: 3
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
* CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ Model 12, Stepping 0
* CPU Speed: 2199 MHz

Im waiting for a reply via email from Crucial but thought I would ask here opinions while im waiting.

Any thoughts?

dermot-titus 11:19 30 Aug 08

That is saying you have 3 memory slots on your pc and each one has probably 512Mb sticks in each one.

If you want to increase the memory you would have to take one or more of these memory chips out of your computer and put large sized ones in.

Hetti 11:30 30 Aug 08

dermot-titmus .....Thanks

I did not know if I could mix the memory, so I will now get a large one as you say.

dermot-titus 12:40 30 Aug 08

Crucial say you do not have a dual channel memory motherboard,so you can mix and match with no performance loss.

You could take out the first 512Mb stick and replace that with a 1Gig stick.

That would give you 2048mb of memory.

If you take out the first 2 sticks and replace them with 2 X 1Gb sticks. Your total would then be 2560mb of ram

and of course if you replace all 3 for 1Gb sticks, your total memroy would be 3072Mb of ram.

Try to get the same speed of ram that you have in and you should have an easy upgrade.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…