Can I Access a Hidden Partition on My Harddrive

gcs_uk 20:59 24 Sep 03

I have a packard bell imedia 4606 which came with tons of preinstalled software however I would like to permanently remove some of the programs from my hard drive.

Programs such as Works 2000, Norton Antivirus etc are no longer needed.

So is it possible to access this hidden partition and if yes how would I do it.

TIA

Shanks69 22:15 24 Sep 03

because the partition might remain, but have you already tried formatting the hard drive and reloading software - you would need a full copy of the OS for this, not a restore disc ??

gcs_uk 23:02 24 Sep 03

I dont have a copy of the OS only a restore disc so this is not an option.

VoG II 23:07 24 Sep 03

You should be able to delete unwanted software using Control Panel /Add & Remove programs. This should not affect your hidden partition. I would leave that well alone - remember that it is your "escape" if Windows throws a wobbly and you do not want (presumably?) to burn that bridge?

hugh-265156 00:17 25 Sep 03

use add remove programs as said above to remove anything you have no use for.the restore floppy should give you two or more restore options to choose from,complete system restore and windows only.

if you choose the former then the computer will be restored to the factory condition you received it in,ie with all the other programs installed.choosing windows only just installs windows without the junk.

have a look in start/all programs/pc tool kit and services/ you may have smart restore,you can use this to install or remove software that comes with packard bells.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…