Can i access data on "unformatted" HDD?

mccaffrey 16:46 16 Jun 05

My old HDD gave up the ghost last week, has since been replaced but i would like to access the data that was on the old HDD. I have disconected the CD drive and connected the old HDD. The pc boots off the new HDD and detects a new drive has been connected, but when i try to access it i get a message saying that the drive needs formatted. Anybody any ideas how i can get my old files back?

mattyc_92 16:48 16 Jun 05

Try BadCopy Pro from click here You could also do a google search on something on the lines of "Data recovery" for more programs that may help... :)

Aspman 16:59 16 Jun 05

You could try some of the Linux forensic distros such as Helix.

Aspman 17:00 16 Jun 05

I should have said it's CD based and doesn't need the HD to run but the more memory the better.

Knoppix STD CD distro may also give you some help.

TomJerry 17:06 16 Jun 05

EasyRecovery™ Professional click here

WinInternal Administrator's Pak click here

or pay someone do it for you click here

mccaffrey 17:34 16 Jun 05

Is there any way of doing it for free? shareware demos?

Aspman 14:03 17 Jun 05

the linux distros are available free. But they are not the easiest things to use. They can recover drisks to a very high standard. The Forums on the relevant web pages would be a good place to start.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…