Can get e-mails but can't send them

JACC 16:32 08 Jul 04

I've just formatted my hd and had to retrive my BB account. Did that ok , had a carry on with my e-mail addresses but got that sorted ,but now find that i can receive e-mails but can't send them .What should my account be,INCOMING POP 3...should it be pop.freeserve.co.uk or com ?
OUTGOING SMTP... smtp.freeserve.co.uk or com ?

jhm 16:35 08 Jul 04

pop.freeserve.com and smtp.freeserve.com

sicknote 16:37 08 Jul 04
  Charence 16:39 08 Jul 04

have you checked your firewall settings to see if they permit outgoing connection?

jhm 16:43 08 Jul 04

Just a thought-if you have Freeserve installation disc use it to retrieve account details. Freeserve still in use although now owned by Wanadoo

HauxtonPhil 17:51 08 Jul 04

I had a similar problem with Freeserve on a Dial Up - the solution was that the phone line had to have 1481 (I think) in front of it to enable Freeserve to identify the caller (CLI). I don't know if that is still the case with a BB connection, but could be worth checking out with Wanadoo

Wilham 18:00 08 Jul 04

About six months ago I had trouble,-I could receive but not send email. I didn't find out straight away because OE falsely listed my outgoing emails as sent.

Help on this forum pointed a finger at my Norton2003 which I'd set to virus scan my emails ,- both in and out.
It seems I overacted in adding Norton updates at the mere mention of a new virus, and in time the overweight Norton2003 took more time to check outmail than was allowed for by Outlook Express.

It seemed plausible,.... I dropped the outgoing check, and outgoing emails since cause no further bother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…