Can get onto computer!!

chaztait 20:40 23 Feb 05

Hi i had my computer working like half an hour ago then i just started it up the same way i always do then the login screen came up and started to automaticly login as it usually does. Then and Error came up

The window was titled "Explorer.EXE - Unable To Locate Component" and in the window it says "This application has failed to start because SHDOCVW.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem."

And then my background comes up but no Task bar comes up and no icons come up and i cant right click on the desktop. The only thing i got to work was Task Manager by presing Ctrl, Alt and Delete and started mucking about with that. So i made a new user but the same thing happend. From the Task Manager i can type in commands to run prgrammes just like when you click Start and Run.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

chaztait 20:46 23 Feb 05

I just tried starting the computer in Safe Mode but...same thing

VoG II 20:46 23 Feb 05

click here

Extract to c:\windows\system32

Jak_1 20:48 23 Feb 05

Have you tried system restore?

VoG II 20:48 23 Feb 05

But if it won't start that won't work.

Try Last Known Good Configuration instead of Safe Mode.

chaztait 20:50 23 Feb 05

Can you open up Network Places from Run as i could send it from this computer to it?

chaztait 21:06 23 Feb 05

right ok when i type things like C: or D: or My Documents the error comes up again. What will i do?

woodchip 21:09 23 Feb 05

Sounds like Virus

chaztait 21:10 23 Feb 05

how can this be fixed!

woodchip 21:21 23 Feb 05

If you have a full Operating system Disk you could try a repair or reinstall. Will not work with Restore Disc. A restore Disc will put the Computer back to when the Computer was bought losing all Info on the computer

chaztait 21:23 23 Feb 05

I dont know what you mean

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…