can the canon i865 print wirelessly

User-1233144 20:53 21 Feb 08

I have just purchased a dell Inspiron laptop, and would like to wirelessly connect it to my cannon i865 printer. The printer has a usb port but not an eartnet connection. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect wirelessly to this printer. I cant find any info on the cannon website. I've had it about 5 years and cant find the documentation.
Thanks

mammak 22:02 21 Feb 08

A little bit more information is required here.
your OS Vista/XP ?

is your printer compatible with your OS?

If it helps at all I recently purchased a Cannon i1800 solely for wireless printing on my Vista Laptop.
but that is connected to my Desktop PC.

if you intend to print from your printer with some other means then that would have to be a different set up to mine obviously.

QuizMan 22:17 21 Feb 08

I have the same printer and sorry to tell you this, but the answer is no.

QuizMan 22:21 21 Feb 08

I shall qualify that a bit by saying that I can print wirelessly on it via a laptop, but the desktop PC must be on, connected to the printer via USB and the two machines must be networked and enabled for print sharing.

User-1233144 12:01 23 Feb 08

Thank you for your responses. My laptop is running vista and my desktop runs XP. The printer is connected to the desktop via a parallel cable. How do you enable print sharing?

Kemistri 03:04 24 Feb 08

Printers and Faxes >> right-click the device >> select Sharing and the rest is self explanatory. If you want to add a server, you could pick up a wireless server for c.£40-60 at the budget end or use a Belkin network hub with integral server for £60, which I can recommend as my preference. It's handy for turning external HDs into NAS.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person who still has an i865!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now