Can BT Home Hub Network Two PC's?

chilvinho 22:00 02 Feb 08

I connect 2 laptops to t'internet using BT Home Hub. Can I use Home Hub to network the two PC's, 1 runs Vista the other XP, when I look in Network places etc, neither PC can see the other, is ther something I can turn on?

STREETWORK 23:02 02 Feb 08

Do the PC's have a network adapter for connecting wirelessly?

ambra4 02:43 03 Feb 08

How to network XP and Vista

click here

click here

chilvinho 16:53 03 Feb 08

Thanks for your efforts. I actually have 3 PCs accessing t'internet through BT Home Hub. All threee are wireless connections. They all connect to t'internet fine.

Desktop and 1 laptop have XP
1 laptop has Vista.

I have followed all instructions to linked articles but none of the PC's can see each other.

It must be something really basic that I havent done, but thats the kinda guy I am!!

Any further advice would be appreciated.

peter99co 21:52 03 Feb 08

Have you set all to be in the same work group?
When you do see them you may have to open a pc/laptop in my network places and then you will be asked for username and password of the one you have opened.

chilvinho 19:04 04 Feb 08

Thanks for your help. Yes I have set them all to MSHOME (the Vista 1 was MSGROUP) but they still cant see each other.

mammak 22:13 04 Feb 08

What firewall are you using?
have you set it up to allow access from each computers IP address better still turn it off before doing anything IMO I would uninstall it first much easier,

On your Vista machine through Network Control Panel make sure that in Network and Sharing Center that "Network discovery" is turned on if you haven't already done so good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…