Can this be done?

buscrew 18:12 14 Aug 04

My friend is purchasing this click here, and he has asked me to install his copy of XP Pro on it. Is it the same as installing on any other PC eg if I boot from the XP CD will it give me the option to delete the partition, and create a new NTFS partition and the go on to install XP. I am aware that I will have to find XP drivers for some componenets, But I have no knowledge of Linux. Are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of. One final question, will I be able to install as a dual boot, reserving most of the HD for XP, with a small partition for the linux, as a fail safe option. Thanks in advance.

rickf 18:15 14 Aug 04

Shoud not be a prob. Just install them on different drives and XP will give you an option on which to boot with. Create a partition with the XP install 1st. Others I am sure will contribute.

buscrew 17:00 15 Aug 04

^

iambeavis 17:22 15 Aug 04
  SEASHANTY 19:24 15 Aug 04

......his copy of XP PRO? If this is an OEM copy of XP from his other PC which is tied to the motherboard in the other PC ....then No, I don't think it will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…