Can Application Data in All Users be missing?

Sabi 20:07 06 Jul 08

Hi;

I have a few problems in my laptop, which I am working on it. I had to access a file (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\core.aawdef ) but there was no “Application Data” in All Users instead there were: Desktop, Shared Documents, Favourites, Start Menu and NTUSER.

I will be grateful for any advice in how to access the file I want as the Ad-Aware 2007 is one of the files needs to be repaired.

Many thanks

Sabi

ronalddonald 21:22 06 Jul 08

have you looked on the actual c drive under program files for adware and have you used the search link in start menu for adware.

try that first.

if that doesnt work goto c drive and click on program files and look in common files.

if you can find it after try to uninstall it and install it fresh again. Its a good idea to downlad files onto a pen drive as this helps when when you have to install again but instaed of flaping around the net looking d=for the site you just plug in you memory stcik and downlaod from there.

I hope this helps im sure oters will have more info

Wuggy 22:12 06 Jul 08

Application Data is a hidden file. To access open My Computer and click on Tools/Folder Options. Select the 'View' tab and then click next to the line which reads 'Show hidden files and folders'.

Sabi 00:23 07 Jul 08

ronalddonald;

Thank you so much for your reply and useful advice.

Wuggy;

You are right; Application Data is a hidden file which I didn’t know :-( Thank you.

This site is great; every time I learn new things from you guys :-)

Many thanks again
Sabi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…