Can anyone tell me the differnce

golfpro 08:58 17 Oct 07

Between the Acer Travel Mate and the Acer Aspire laptops? Besides looks that is. They both seem to have the same spec depending on the model, Price is more or less the same, but there there must be a difference (but I can't see it), otherwise why would Acer have the two models running at the same time. If you can tell me I would be eternally grateful.

Migwell 09:10 17 Oct 07

Why not ring the Acer sales department they should be able to advise you. After all they are the ones who know about every thing about Acer.

iambeavis 09:47 17 Oct 07

This page gives a bit of insight into what "Acer" see as the usage for each model - click here

golfpro 11:21 17 Oct 07

Thanks for that iambeavis, it looks like the Travel Mate is mainly for small business use, and the Aspire for gaming. that is denoted with the different graphics card and the smaller battery (8 Cells in the Travel Mate and only 6 in the Aspire). As I was after the 5720G with the Core 2 Duo T7300 2x 2.00GHz, and long battery life, and don't play games, I am going to go for the Travel Mate. OK it weighs a little bit more but what the hell.

spuds 11:41 17 Oct 07

golfpro. Acer have a very good reputation for laptops as a easy to buy range, which in most cases works fine. But reading some reviews, I would suggest that you check out the warranty and the retailer you purchase from.When faults or warranty issues have occurred, 'some' people find the response for service can be a bit of a problem.

Having said that, I have friends who have purchased 'Acer bargain buys' from Tesco, and so far they are very pleased with the product, never had need to call on services yet.

Our local Tesco superstore are selling Gateway computers/laptops at reduced prices at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…