Can anyone recommend a site for replacement hard drives for laptops?

Repurr 07:01 AM 02 Jul 11

Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement hard drive/s for my Toshiba Equim A100 - 027 as 70gb over 2 disks just doesn't cut it for me.

Does anyone know any good sites? I have tried Crucial but their SSD offering is not compatible.

Thanks for your help.

R

chub_tor 08:21 AM 02 Jul 11

Your laptop uses a 2.5" SATA drive and any of these from ebuyer will fit. You mention SSD drives, any poarticular reason?

onthelimit1 09:16 AM 02 Jul 11

'as 70gb over 2 disks'

What do you mean?

Repurr 09:23 AM 02 Jul 11

Hi,

Thanks for the posts.

2 disks x 35gb in answer to onthelimit1

SSD's thought it could be an option.

R

johndrew 09:57 AM 02 Jul 11

SSDs could be fitted but are very expensive; they do have advantages such as speed and impact resistance though. As chub_tor says the 2.5" SATA drive is readily available at a decent price so fitting a substantially larger unit would be relatively cheap - less than half the price of a smaller SSD.

Make certain you have the facility to either clone or install an image of the current C: drive as starting from the manufacturers recovery CD will be very laborious with many updates.

onthelimit1 17:31 PM 02 Jul 11

I still don't get it - as far as I can tell, your Tosh has a single HDD?

Strawballs 19:29 PM 02 Jul 11

It is I imagine partitioned and poster thinks there is 2 as there is prob a C and D drive.

onthelimit1 21:19 PM 02 Jul 11

Ah, that could explain it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites