Can anyone recommend an mp3 player please?

eh? 21:05 04 Sep 07

Hello
Not sure if I ought to be posting this request on here...thought it was either here or consumerwatch but anyhow here goes.
I want to buy an mp3 player for my son, nothing too fancy, but decent sound. I was bidding on an

Apple Ipod Shuffle Blue MP3 Player - 1GB - Gen 2 1 GB

on ebay, but lost out to a higher bid (of £25 + P+P).I liked this one as it says you can drag and drop or copy and paste songs, no need for itunes. Then I went to Which.co.uk and checked out their best buys, which more or less says to buy the Apple ipod nano. But under the ease of use for the software it only gets one star, the lowest rating. So, heres where you guys (hopefully !) come in; Does anyone have an opinion on either of these please?
Any advice will be great, many thanks.

bluesbrother 21:29 04 Sep 07

Don't know much about ipod's, so how about an alternative.

I have a Matsui, cheap and cheerful with pretty good sound quality using £2 headphones from Argos.
Only problem is you can't browse by folders so I have it set to random play rather have to scroll through 15 or 16 albums to hear Zappa.

A big advantage is it plays WMA files which means I can store a lot of music at 64 kbps on my 512 meg.

click here for an idea of cost etc.

eh? 21:42 04 Sep 07

thank you for that, I will have a look, and yes although I am getting weary now and ever more confoooosed by it all, I do seem to remember that the ipod doesnt play wma files?? Not that I know a great deal about the different formats....

wildhouse 22:29 04 Sep 07

Having bought my daughter a good quality Sony MP3 player a couple of years ago, I bought myself a cheaper one in July - from their NWE series of MP3 players. It has good quality sound, can be sorted by artist, album, song, etc, but best of all as far as I'm concerned, because the integral battery is charged via the computer's USB port, it has excellent battery life (I took it to Italy on holiday and it lasted the entire time) - approx 28 hours. Argos sell them for about £35

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced