can anyone recommend a free firewall?

theDarkness 16:15 04 Jan 09

can anyone recommend a free firewall that is either updated frequently or very stable? thanks. Pc advisor recommends amor free firewall, but the link on the advisor page does not work, so unsure if its still being supported.. thanks for any info on any recommendations

User-1229748 16:22 04 Jan 09
  Pamy 16:22 04 Jan 09

What operating system?

If XP you have one

smy13 16:22 04 Jan 09

click here

this firewall by COMODO it very good and free.

rsignals 16:23 04 Jan 09

Comodo - seconded.

Technotiger 16:23 04 Jan 09

Sunbelt Personal Firewall (formerly Kerio) has an excellent 30day Free trial which gives you the Full version for that period. At the end of the 30 day period it automatically reverts to the Free version, which is still a grreat firewall. After trying it myself, I bought the paid-for version.

User-1229748 16:25 04 Jan 09

on a personal note i use the vista firewall but if i used another it would be comodo

pcbobby 16:40 04 Jan 09

Free Comodo includes antivirus with auto update is very good as members above say.

Technotiger 16:43 04 Jan 09

Mind you, there are some who don't use a software Firewall, just the hardware one in their Router.

VOT Productions 18:00 04 Jan 09

Free Comodo Firewall or Windows Firewall
Choose one

My recommeds:Free Comodo Firewall

Also try the Logo of the Toolbar created my me click here
it includs Pop-up Blocker, Weather and more!

theDarkness 18:22 04 Jan 09

Im running xp on the desktop system and vista on the laptop. if a firewall runs well on both then thats great, but if there are seperate free programs that do better jobs on each system then that would be more important. thanks for all the recommendations :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…