Can anyone recomend a good PC for the following.

glynn77 14:23 17 Mar 11

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise a good PC for the below game spec for FM2011. I can cover most bases, but seem to be having trouble to find a machine with the right graphics card. I considered that it might not matter too much but woul drather be sure i have the right machine to begin with, or a machine that, if it doesn't run correctly on, i can swap out the graphics card easily. Spec below:

Processor: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster
Memory: XP : 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 : 1.0GB RAM
Graphics: 128MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported
DirectX®: Version 9.0c (included)
Hard Drive: 2GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

onthelimit 14:49 17 Mar 11

Don't know the game, but your spec looks like something from the dark ages. Are you sure you have it right (or am I missing something obvious)?

glynn77 14:52 17 Mar 11

really, ok in that case all new machines would be fine i guess. The spec is copied and pasted from the official game site.

it's the radeon or nvidia graphics card that i am most concerned about, but is the spec referenced actually an old one, and for instance a 4800 spec card newer?

Thanks

onthelimit 15:12 17 Mar 11

To give an example, my 5 yr old Evesham on XP has 2Gb RAM and a 160 Gb hard drive. 512 Mb RAM is marginal even for XP. I've never seen a 2 Gb hard drive!

ACOLYTE 19:58 17 Mar 11

click here

This is a great deal for the price,if you add in a graffix card like this click here

You will get a PC to run the game you wont and more,for a little over £300.

MAT ALAN 20:07 17 Mar 11

Don't know the game, but your spec looks like something from the dark ages.

I think you will find that the specs shown are the minimum requirements to run the game.(2gig is the space required)

Football manager 2011 which is not a resource hugger by any means.
ACOLYTE'S suggestion is fine, it much depends on what other games you might want to play and how much you want to spend...

glynn77 20:28 17 Mar 11

ok, thanks for the replies, i understand about most of the spec, just needing an answer to the graphics card query really.

lana24 09:21 18 Mar 11

I'm sure the nvidia graphics card will be absolutely fine! The computer game does seem a bit dated though :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009