can anyone help please ???

piggo 21:35 23 Jun 09

Been having problems with my laptop an Acer Aspire 5315 The screen keeps going off, sometimes it happens in blocks but most of the time the screen will all of a sudden go white starting at one corner and spreading to the whole screen ( hope that makes sense ) Sometimes the screen just stays black, and you cant log in or anything.
Its only 18 months old but unfortunatley just out of warrenty! Please can anyone advise????

OTT_Buzzard 21:41 23 Jun 09

Not sure what the problem is, but there has been a fair amount of discussion on the forum recently about an EU mandated minimum warranty of 2 years for items like laptops.

Someone else may be able to advise further on this.

richie1913 22:03 23 Jun 09

Does this happen every time you start up and What happens If you start up In safe mode.

woodchip 22:42 23 Jun 09

I would first contact Acer tell them the problem, If its a No Go take it back to where you bought it from and tell them its not fit for purpose you bought it under "sale of goods act"

piggo 23:04 23 Jun 09

Doesnt happen everytime about 80%. The screen sometimes goes back to normal if you part close then open a few times, could it be an issue with the connection to the screen???
Many thanks all for the advice so far, the EU warranty / 'sales of goods' issue is very interesting....will be looking into that for sure.

woodchip 23:09 23 Jun 09

Its hard to define with a Laptop, I would do what I put above

phono 23:39 23 Jun 09

"The screen sometimes goes back to normal if you part close then open a few times, could it be an issue with the connection to the screen???"

That would indeed tend to suggest a loose connection or dry solder joint, it has also been known for the display connection cable to become frayed or to even fracture due to a design fault in the lid hinge assembly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…