can anyone help please

prestoni 19:10 17 Mar 04

my printer has decided its not going to work and keeps throwing up this error message,

Parts inside your printer require maintenance or replacement. Contact your dealer.

its only happened when ink ran low and i did a head clean after changing cartridge, i've already asked about ink cartridges for a different printer earlier but if anyone could solve my problem i won't need to replace this one, its a epson stylus c40ux, hope you can help

hugh-265156 19:26 17 Mar 04

i use an epson myself and have had various errors displayed in the past and it throws up a message if i use chipped compatables.always works though.worst i had to do was update the drivers.

your error it seems is a different matter though.may be cheaper to replace the printer.

see comments half way down this page click here

give tech support a call or try e talk live support first though click here

The Spires 19:36 17 Mar 04

click here You can reset the printer with this utility, however the printer closes down after a set number if head cleans, you really need (if you feel you can) to open the printer and either blot or suck out ink in the reservoir at the back of the printer, failing to do that can result in overflowing, a loittle printer ink goes a long way. Most Epsons are held together with platic lugs, there are no screws, it's a matter of pressing as many in as you can to open the case.

The Spires 19:40 17 Mar 04

loittle?

Indigo 1 19:50 17 Mar 04

Yoor toipin in doialect noow.

8o)

wee eddie 20:06 17 Mar 04

There have been previous threads. It's a very fiddly job they say. I am not sure that there a simple solution other than taking it back to the dealer.

It may be cheaper to replace the whole thing, but ring the Manufacturers helpline first.

The Spires 20:43 17 Mar 04

It takes 10 minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…