Can anyone help me remove Supanet from my computer

ajay35 11:38 26 Apr 05

I got a new pc from woolies, cheap i no! but its made by time, it has supanet pre installed and i cant load any other isp, how can i get rid of it, anyone know or can explain in technical free jargon please!!!

seedie 11:48 26 Apr 05

Here are instructions to get rid of supanet from a previous posting from Time I believe.

Good luck with it

CD

Hi Guys

You can now de-optimise online by following these simple instructions below:

HOW TO DE-OPTIMISE

Please ensure that you complete all of the instructions in order, otherwise the process may not de-optimise your modem:

1) REGISTERING WITH SUPANET FOR A "CLASSIC" ACCOUNT

· Firstly, please register a new Supanet Classic (pay-per-minute) account by using the pop-up screen that appears when the computer has started up. The pay-per-minute account will only need to be used once and you do not need to use it again after this process.

· Ensure that you note down the username and password that you set for the Classic account.

· When during the signup process, your computer will access the Internet. When the Supanet web page appears detailing the various types of accounts, click the "More Info" button on the section, which details the "Classic" type of account.

· Then click the "Sign Up" button on the web page that then appears and fill in your details.

· Once registration is complete your computer will then disconnect from the Internet.

2) DE-OPTIMISING YOUR MODEM

· Once you have set up your computer with a Supanet Classic account as shown above, then double click on the large Internet Explorer icon that is located on your desktop.

· You will be presented with a "Fast Internet Access" window and a Dialup Connection window. Click the "OPTIONS" button that is shown on the "Fast Internet Access" window.

· You will then be presented with a small "Preferences" window. Click on the "Manual Update" button that is locate on this window. Allow the computer to connect to the Internet and the Supanet homepage will appear.

· Click the "EMAIL" button that is located just below the "SEARCH" box. Immediately underneath the "EMAIL" button "username" and "password" boxes will be shown. Immediately underneath these boxes will be a "Forgot Your Password? Click here" hyperlink; click the words "Click Here".

· You will be shown a Supanet Account Maintenance screen. Enter the username and password that you set for the Supanet Classic account you created earlier, and then click the "Continue" button shown on the page.

· You will then be shown a list of three options. Click the "De-optimise dialer PC" option and then click the "Continue" button. Click the "Continue" button on the next page as well.

· You will then be asked to fill in a questionnaire. Please ensure that all fields are completed and then click the "Continue" button at which time you will then be told that the Update process has completed.

· Finally, please disconnect from the Internet and wait 10 minutes before attempting to connect to the Internet with the Internet Service Provider of your choice.

Total Care Support 11:53 26 Apr 05

hi ajay35,

There should be a letter included inside the packaging that is a walk though how to de-optimise, also on the wollies litrature that comes with it there should be a national rated support number to advise how to do this.

if niether of these helps please drop me an email, your account number (provided you have registered the account to activate the warranty) and I will loko into this for you

best regards

Daniel Warren
Granville Technology
[email protected]

Belatucadrus 12:01 26 Apr 05

click here hopefully Supanets instructions aren't too incomprehensible.

GroupFC 12:05 26 Apr 05

There's service for you! Well done Total Care Support.

Stuartli 13:10 26 Apr 05

But why should anyone have to go through such a contrived routine in the first place rather than just Delete it from Network Connections or DUN?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…