Can anyone help me with this Mail sending error ?

gazmix 19:31 26 Jul 08

Hi, i get the following error when trying to send mail from my Outlook Express.. I've managed to send a mail to myself though!!

An unknown error has occurred. Subject ' ', Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Error: Message content rejected aeb18d4cda9ec71568544816931cf2c5>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Many thanks

Gaz

grey george 20:38 26 Jul 08

This could be a server error or down for maintenance. you may well find it will rectify it's self after a few hours.

gazmix 22:29 26 Jul 08

Hi
No attachment, just a link in the 'contact us' part of the web page that brings up my email box, i write, click send & then the green 'sending in progress' progression bar arrives & 3 quarters of the way through, it quits & i get the above message in the sending box!

Marg7, do you mean i need to ask my isp if i can send mail to that address! The address is a medical organisation so i'm sure it's valid & ok!

As i say, other mails i send seem to work ok, maybe it is a temp error!!

GAz

skidzy 22:37 26 Jul 08

What happens if the firewall is disabled briefly ?

You can try to change the server from smtp.orangehome.co.uk to

smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

or

smtp.freeserve.co.uk

Some time ago a lot of people where advised to change to orangehome from Freeserve and Wanadoo....me,ive been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange for some years now and still use the Freeserve smtp with no problems.

Sea Urchin 22:44 26 Jul 08

You say it is a "contact us" link on a web-page. Does clicking on the link actually open OE for you to write the message, or is it a message box within the web-page?

gazmix 23:36 26 Jul 08

Hi all
Yes skidzy, i been with wannadoo too & freeserve. Erm, not disabled firewall as all was ok with other mails i sent before!!. Could it be a firewall prob if i can send mails to myself & links to other pages!!E.g, if i right click this page & send link, all is ok! I use Firefox 2.0.0.16.

Do you mean when i right click on the firewall's icon in taskbar & Exit? Maybe i'd need Windows firewall to replace for a time? But is this necessary if i can send myself a mail??

It was a 'contact us' link that brought the OE open to write the message. It was a info@....., .com & was only a fiew words of a query i wrote!!

thanks

gazmix 13:35 30 Jul 08

Marg7
Hi, this 'my server requires authentication' box is unchecked.

I seem to be able to send mail via Outlook Express 6 to myself & others, is it that the mail i was sending that gave the error was the problem.
How come i can send mail ok to most place, but not this one!!

Some page links i send, this happens a lot!!

Cheers

skidzy 13:39 30 Jul 08

Try logging into click here
and if the email is still on the server,try sending to yourself from there.
If this works,we know its an OE setting somewhere.

BurrWalnut 18:54 30 Jul 08

This type of error is sometimes caused by corruption to your Outbox. No harm will be caused if it doesn't cure the problem

Using Explorer navigate to your store folder which, if you haven't moved it, is located at C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{long name}\Microsoft\Outlook Express and delete Outbox.dbx.

You may have to show 'hidden' files in Folder Options to see it. Open Outlook Express and a new, empty Outbox will be created by Windows.

gazmix 13:46 31 Jul 08

Skidzy, i can send a mail from my webmail address to my Outlook Express address )same address.

My Outbox is empty Burr Walnut.
When i get to c:/documents & settings, i then get administrator & all users, not what you wrote.
I click on administrator & then get some folders with strange number & letters for names. Can't fing application data or identities anywhere!!

It seems my OE won't send to that address, webmail does!! But seems just certain addresses!

BurrWalnut 15:21 31 Jul 08

As I said above you may have to show hidden files and folders, via Control Panel > Folder Options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple