can anyone help with 3ds Max?

JohnnyAlucarD 12:16 02 Oct 03

Hi I am runninga 3d program 3ds Max 5 on a brand new(4 day old) P4 Dell 3800 - 3GH, 1gig 400 fast Ram, Radion 9800 pro GC - thing is - Max will not run very well at all. Every time I load up Max,( and, say for example, I minmise Max) other PC programs really slow down to the point of not working - eg media player will not play video - play back becomes jerky and sticks. There is a massive delay between clicking on and activating icons, the PC won't shut down automatically I have to close it using power button- the problem isn't there if I don't run Max or after I have shut down the PC and reboot without using Max. Also max itself keeps on locking up and failing to work properly. I never had this problem with Max 5 on my old Pc (an Athlon 1600, running 512 mb of normal Ram). I am gutted as I bought the PC primerily to model/render etc. I am stuck. ANyone offer any help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…