can anyone help

jaygice 10:53 03 Oct 07

when i start my pc i put ma password inn then it starts no probs now if i leave it and come back to it i carnt click start nothing happens same with system tray so i have to alt/ctrl/delete and bring up win task manager it works fine until i leave it again im running win xp professional.

Eric10 11:31 03 Oct 07

Try turning off all screensavers and power saving options from Desktop Properties and see if that makes any difference.

jaygice 19:37 03 Oct 07

yeah done all that eric10 still doin it no one must know your the only one to reply ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 03 Oct 07

OPTION 1 - Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

woodchip 20:22 03 Oct 07

The Drive is going into sleep mode. Go to Control Panel\Power Settings and set Hard Drive to Never turn off

woodchip 20:24 03 Oct 07

If the above does not work, go into BIOS setup and disable power saving. Save settings before you exit

jaygice 14:43 06 Oct 07

sfc scannow isnt working putting it in run and it does nothing .

woodchip 16:35 06 Oct 07

That's because you missed out / it should as follows

SFC /SCANNOW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced