Can anyone help??

andie53 15:54 11 Dec 06

Hopeing some kind person out there can help. I'm studying a HNC in computing at college, and have a unit called computer platforms, i dont get it at all. I have an assignment in which i am about to fail, i was wondering if any of you people that know about computers may have a look and maybe give me a little help. Heres is my scenario

"You have been asked to produce a commercial magazine article on how to select a suitable computer system for given tasks. The tasks are General Office Work and Accounts, Web Design and Games Development. The article should discuss in general the factors that affect a computers performance and then suggest suitable machine specifications for each task. You are not required to cost the systems but a price range should be suggested. For the purpose of the article a computer system is the base unit and any peripherals that are required to perform the specified tasks i.e. monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. The article should be no longer than 1500 words."

I dont even know where to start, any help would be gratefully recieved

Many Thanks

VoG II 16:16 11 Dec 06

Duplicate click here

Jackcoms 16:25 11 Dec 06

As VoG™ points out this is a duplicate thread.

Can I add another word of advice?

It is normal forum etiquette to give your post a title which actually explains your problem.

"Can anyone help??" doesn't actually help us.

wee eddie 20:09 11 Dec 06

and what sort of %age of the lectures have you attended?

This is just to get an idea of the level of sophistication that is needed in your answer.

What software do you have on your Home PC?

Kate B 22:36 11 Dec 06

andie, you've posted for help all over this forum. I'm always happy to help people with real computer problems but I'm slightly uneasy about everyone here doing your homework for you - not so much that you're cheating, but that the teaching on your course seems so inadequate that you can't manage what should be a fairly straightforward question if you're doing a qualification in computing.

Are others on your course struggling with this question? Perhaps the question requires some specific discussion that I'm not aware of, but I would have thought anyone who keeps reasonably up to date with computers would be able to knock out an answer to that question without too much difficulty.

Forum Editor 16:14 12 Dec 06

on the same subject. I'm closing this one, so stick to the one in the helproom from now on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…