can any1 tell me wot windows protection errormeans

dek26 22:38 06 Mar 04

rite guys im back with another problem last week i took my base unit in 2 b repaired and they told me the processor had heat damage so 2day i bought a new pro amd 2600+ and put it in the machine, by the way i have a asus a7n8x-x motherboard and 512ddr ram and geforce fx 5200 128 mb graphics agp card 80 gig hard drive, yeh so i put it in and im still having the same problem as b4, u see after i formated my pc after i would install windows 98se the system would crash and a black screen would appear sayin windows protection error, so it cant b the pro this time as its brand spanking new with new cpu fan as well, im not sure if the motherboard has been damaged when the processor was damaged, i asked the guy in shop and he says he very much doubts that the mobo is damaged so im back 2 square 1 i have new pro new mobo new graphics and ram and i dont have a clue why it keeps crashin and sayin windows protection error oh and i have done a memory test on my ram and that is all ok, so if sum1 can shed any light on y this is happenin i would be greatful.

bretsky 22:50 06 Mar 04

Go to click here also try Google.

Good luck .............bretsky ;0)

dek26 23:34 06 Mar 04

THANKS BRETSKY

Chegs ® 01:38 07 Mar 04
  dek26 15:26 07 Mar 04

i have just done a memory test usin memtest86 version3 and its still runnin and at this point it has found 105 errors and its only on its 5th test ,does any1 think this is the reason im gettin the windows protection error message? and if the ram is 2 blame can it have damaged my motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…