Can any1 recommend a good Wins registry cleaner 2?

Triprajul 04:27 09 Oct 10

Greetings:

Due to problems I have had in the past (i.e. crashes); I like to keep my computer in peak operating mode. Based on this, can anyone recommend a good Windows registry cleaner to me? My OS is Vista. On this Forum, one was recommended some time ago. I downloaded it and it worked very well. It, as advised on this Forum, only fixed 10 errors at a time but it could be run as often as needed to clean up all the errors. Unfortunately, after my last crash, I lost this program. I now use Advanced System Care but I was wondering if the addition of this program (or one similar) might be a good idea. Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

birdface 07:39 09 Oct 10

You have to scroll down for the trial version.

click here

birdface 07:45 09 Oct 10

Sorry cannot comment on Advanced System Care as I have never used it.
Most users use C Cleaner but like yourself I prefer Winaso Optimiser.
I am sure someone will be able to advise you whether it is safe to run both or not.

mooly 07:59 09 Oct 10

I abandoned all.. even CC after unexplained issues (Vista) and following a reinstall have used only windows tools. Result... the system performs as well now as 12 months ago.

I am a careful user though, and use Acronis to roll back the system if anything untoward should happen.

I think once a system has any corruption in the registry whether caused by a cleaner or otherwise it's nigh on impossible to fix with further so called cleaners and optimizers. An advanced user might be able to identify a specific issue and fix that manually, but my past experiences suggest it's far from easy... and "workarounds" for specific issues don't really fix underlying issues.

sunnystaines 08:03 09 Oct 10

I use ASC and like it, its reg cleaner is not as good as winaso.

a third program i have for reg cleaning is Eusing its is like winaso only it cleans the whole lot in one go instead of ten at a time.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…