can any one get shut of this serch bar

geewis357 20:18 15 Feb 04

Afew days ago I realised that another serch bar has apeard at the bottom of my screen, I can swich it off bur when I re lounch IE its bach again, oferind anything from sex to insurance. When I set my home page to pcadvisor .co.uk when I chech back later it is prefixed with click here can someone please help

With thanks geewis

VoG II 20:26 15 Feb 04

Assuming that you've already run Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here try CWShredder
click here

Once you've got rid of it get Spywareblaster click here

geewis357 20:41 15 Feb 04

tried that CW Shreeder but the prob is still there. thanks anyway VOG

short-circuit 20:48 15 Feb 04

Any chance of you doing a system restore to a date before the search bar appeared?

Scott.

geewis357 20:52 15 Feb 04

I'me using XP Home on a 10times speed broadband. I'l be back soon,goin to roll it back a few days.

geewis357 21:04 15 Feb 04

rolled back 3 days but the thing is still there

short-circuit 21:08 15 Feb 04

Do you know how long it's been there?

Scott

geewis357 21:12 15 Feb 04

first saw it last night after I went to click here, its one of those peer to peer jobies, servs me right doesent it

VoG II 21:15 15 Feb 04

Start, Run, type in

msconfig

and click OK

Look on the Startup tab. Post the list here (or if you recognise the culprit untick it, OK your way out of msconfig and reboot).

short-circuit 21:16 15 Feb 04

When you go to View Toolbars, how many toolbars are listed? What is the name of the searchbar listed there?

Scott.

geewis357 21:28 15 Feb 04

I use a selectiv start up and there is nothing in there that shouldn't be also the same in the tool bar's nothing that looks out of line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…