Can all software be run on amd athlon procceser

bobie574 12:22 05 Jul 03

I am looking to buy a new computer can all software be run on Amd Athlon proccesers

-pops- 12:29 05 Jul 03

Software depends on the operating system, not the processor.

jazzypop 13:02 05 Jul 03

Yes, all Windows software can be run using an AMD processor. Don't fall for the marketing hype that it has to be a 'genuine Intel processor'.

Totally-braindead 13:09 05 Jul 03

pops is completely correct, it makes no difference to any software whether the processor is an AMD or an Intel. The things that do matter are, is the processor fast enough to run the program, do you have enough memory and hard drive space, is the graphics card up to the minimum specification for the software and is the software compatible with your operating system. If for example you are buying a new computer then it would probably come with Windows XP, now some software won't run on XP, older software usually. This isn't too much of a problem as all new, as far as I know, software is tested on XP and runs on XP.

Belatucadrus 13:33 05 Jul 03

Not absolutely true, I used to have a graphics program that wouldn't run on a Cyrix PC because of compatibility issues. But that was years ago and it is the only time I have encountered anything like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…