Can a 98 boot flopy see a NTFS drive?

ACOLYTE 14:11 10 Feb 05

Hi,

I have downloaded a 98 boot floppy and i wont to run a dos game but the game is 6 meg and wont fit
on a floppy,so if i boot with the 98 floppy and change the A prompt to C prompt would i be able to get to the game on my C drive and run it?

ACOLYTE 14:28 10 Feb 05

Simple answer thx,lol will have to figure out another way.

ACOLYTE 14:34 10 Feb 05

Can i get 6 meg on a 1.4 Mb floppy?,and how do you get a ms-dos batch file to run from a floppy?
Hmm,what about if.... i created a cd with nero that acts like a floppy? then could i change the A prompt to the D prompt and run it?

EdFrench 14:49 10 Feb 05

It would be best to use
DosBox

click here

2neat 14:54 10 Feb 05

I take it you have XP op sys. What is the game you are trying to run?

ACOLYTE 15:02 10 Feb 05

Hi, i tried dosbox but i cant get the game to work with it and on the site it says the game is not fully supported,The Game is First Encounters.

dan11 15:08 10 Feb 05

You want to run a dos based game, with a widows XP operating system?

Is the game on CD and with an exe.?

In the run box, type cmd and enter. you should now have a dos window reading C:\ Documents and settings\acolyte> (acolyte or your user name in XP)

put cd.. at the end and enter to change the directory to

C:\ Documents and Settings

then do again to get to C:
Now change the C:\ to the letter of the cdrom you want to install from, say E:\ and enter.

You should now have your cdrom drive prompt. put in the game exe. and install the game. This should leave a shortcut on the desktop.

When you want to use the game, insert the cdrom and press the shortcut on the desktop, this should automatically open a dos window and start the game.

ACOLYTE 15:10 10 Feb 05

It doesnt have an exe file the game starts with a MS-DOS batch file.

2neat 15:17 10 Feb 05

I take it you have been here click here

ACOLYTE 15:20 10 Feb 05

Yep thats were i got the game and i added the stuff to config file and autoexec but when i click the batch file a command box pops up with press Y/N to start game i press Y and nothing happens.

ACOLYTE 15:24 10 Feb 05

I think i should be able to run if form cd if i can get it to floppy emanulation,and burn the files to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…