camper van PC or tablet

firebirdb 16:48 06 Aug 14
Answered

I have just bought a camper van and intend to travel through Europe. What sort of Pc,or tablet etc should I buy, will also need to connect were ever I am, I surf the internet,(a silver surfer) but will not need it for downloads.

firebirdb 17:35 06 Aug 14

£300

firebirdb 17:49 06 Aug 14

I have a Kindle Fire, are these any good for the job ?

Woolwell 19:25 06 Aug 14
Answer

Connect where ever you are? You will need wifi unless you are going down the 4G/3G route which could end up expensive with data charges. There should be ample free wifi hotspots though. I would not do any online banking using a hotspot.

sunnystaines 15:23 07 Aug 14

we have a camper van. what I would suggest most important long battery life, but fast enough cpu/ram not to be frustrating too slow. we bought a net book but its too slow, also none of the 12v connectors to recharge the netbook would work, if you get a 12v connector from pcworld etc make sure they will take it back if it does not work.

what we do now is use a smartphone and also tether its internet wifi to a laptop. [make sure you have unlimited internet and tethering on your smartphone contrct] we use three as the provider which can be used in several EU places at no extra.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…