camera wizard problem

Wrinkly1 13:13 06 Apr 06

I have bought my Grandson an inexpensice (all right cheap!) digital camera which when plugged into my PC via USB cable, and after usual recognition notice etc, brings up the camera wizard and I can download to the PC.
When the same camera/usb cable is connected to my Grandsons PC (also using Windows XP/SP2) no recogniiton of the camera and thus no appearance of the wizard. Using "My Computer" reveals the camera, shown as an additional drive, and normal Copy/Paste method can be used to transfer the pictures. Any ideas why the PC fails to "see" the camera which should not require driver instalation on XP (according to the manual for the camera)

Totally-braindead 13:20 06 Apr 06

I would think its something to do with the file types in folder options in control panel, windows is seeing the camera, if it didn't then the camera wouldn't appear as an additional drive, it just isn't bringing up the camera wizard. Not entirely certain how to sort it but I'm sure its simple enough. Leave the thread open and I'm sure someone will tell you how to reset it.

stlucia 13:27 06 Apr 06

I agree -- I'm sure there's a way to switch off the automatic Wizard, so there must be a way to switch it back on. But I've been looking in Control Panel for the past 10 minutes and can't find it.

GroupFC 13:56 06 Apr 06

It appears that you are not alone -it seems from having a quick look at a few of these click here= that quite a few things can upset the wizard!

You could try the Autoplay repair (see click here and click here).

Alternatively it would appear that RealPlayer can cause problems (see click here).

I don't know if any of that helps or not - Maybe it will be just as easy to use copy and paste!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…