camera probs

firebirdb 16:24 PM 06 Jun 12

had a camera a canon powershot..... used Pc to downloaded pictures ok, for years, changed camera, loaded new disc for new sony camera, works great, took some snaps with old camera canon, could not download on Pc ! ? do i need to re-download canon disc ?

Nontek 16:28 PM 06 Jun 12

You should just be able to use the Cameras' Card with a card reader on PC.

chub_tor 17:21 PM 06 Jun 12

I never use the manufacturer's software. If you haven't got a card reader as Nontek suggests then when you plug your camera into the PC it should show up in My Computer. Double click on the camera icon, open up the files and then drag the pictures into the computer's My Pictures folder or into any folder of your choosing/making.

frybluff 22:33 PM 06 Jun 12

The "import from camera" part of my Canon software stopped working recently. The only thing that has changed, since it was last working, is dozens of Windows updates, so I suspect the problem is something to do with one of them. Confess not done anything to resolve, yet, as have "import" in other software. If you visit Canon's drivers and software site, there will probably be an update (if not several)

firebirdb 23:47 PM 06 Jun 12

thanks everyone, got it sorted ! I was just used to seeing the pop-up box, which was not there, but got pictures as advised through "my Computer"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites