Camera: My Pictures are Stuck!

VoG II 11:14 06 Jul 05

Good morning.

I have a Kodak CX4230 camera that is used infrequently. Today I have taken a picture and connected the camera to my PC via the USB connection to transfer the photo. The Kodak EasyShare software popped up (so obviously the camera was recognised) but when I clicked on the Transfer button I got the message 'No pictures exist on this device'. But they do - I can see them in the camera's viewer!!

In My Computer the camera shows up as 'Local Disk (H:)' but when I double click it I get 'H:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function'.

I have reloaded the Kodak EasyShare software but this has not made any difference. The camera battery is brand new.

Any ideas?

De Marcus 11:21 06 Jul 05

Our latest version of EasyShare software should resolve this problem. Do the following to verify that you have the latest version of EasyShare software installed on the computer:

Start EasyShare software.
From the menu bar, select Help > About Kodak EasyShare software.
Check that you have one of the following versions of software installed on the computer:
Version 4.0 for a Windows operating system
Version 4.0 for a Macintosh operating system
If you do not have the correct version of software installed on the computer, visit the EasyShare software Web page and download the latest version of software. Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: If you are using a high-speed Internet connection, the download will take approximately 5 minutes. However, if you are using a dial-up connection, the download will take approximately 50 minutes. As an installation alternative, consider purchasing our EasyShare software CD from the KODAK Online Store.

De Marcus 11:22 06 Jul 05
  VoG II 11:54 06 Jul 05

Thank you De Marcus! Updating the software worked.

What a dumbo I am!

stalion 12:30 06 Jul 05

your not a dumbo we all overlook the solution sometimes thats why we have this forum,you have a vast amount of knowledge regarding computer problems as is obvious by all the help you give on here
Regards

Klof Ron 12:38 06 Jul 05

I echo stalions comments, Sometimes the best knowledge it to know where to get the knowledge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…