camera install problems

mogwai 20:31 07 Nov 03

Help Im having problems installing my camera to my PC, when trying to add new hardware(e.g. the camera) I get a message saying
The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' is missing
and the pc was looking in
C:\\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\INSTALL (I think)
anyone got any ideas what the problem is exactly and how I can fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

woodchip 20:37 07 Nov 03

What OS

Salinger 20:40 07 Nov 03

I had a problem with several missing USB files when installing an external HDD. You can download the missing files if you Google for them and then just shove them into the folder which aint got them.

mogwai 20:40 07 Nov 03

Sorry win ME

woodchip 20:40 07 Nov 03

Have you also tried loading the software and Drivers from the CD you got with the camera

mogwai 20:42 07 Nov 03

yes ive loaded all the drivers from the CD, thanks Salinger ill have a 'google' for them now!

Salinger 20:44 07 Nov 03

The easiest way is to get yourself a Card Reader.

mogwai 20:48 07 Nov 03

yeah ive got one of those, it just seemed like it would be easier with less messing around if i could just plug the camera in and away i go! little did i know eh!

woodchip 20:50 07 Nov 03

It's looking in the options for cab files from the ME install. If you copy the files of the ME disc to the Options folder it will load the file it is looking for. You can remove them after to leave more space on your Hard Drive

Salinger 20:50 07 Nov 03

It isn't really, You use up battery power in the camera and it is is infinitely simpler just to take the card out and put it in the Reader!

mogwai 20:54 07 Nov 03

Hmmm only problem I havent got the Windows ME disk, i got this pc 2nd hand and never got the original disks with it (think it might have been preinstalled anyway)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…