camera driver

apollogeemark 19:43 05 Jun 04

Hi..
Anyone know if you have to use the software disc that normally comes with the camera when you buy it.

I have lost this and wondered if its possible to be able to use some type of generic driver etc.

Its for a card, credit size type camera.

Thanks

Tangy 19:47 05 Jun 04

If the manufacturer of the camera has a website, you may be able to download it from there.

Tangy 19:47 05 Jun 04

To answer your question, I don't think there is a generic driver.

Charence 19:49 05 Jun 04

Most new digital cameras no longer require drivers because they use Flash Memory, and some cameras are recognised as REMOVABLE STORAGE. However, installing the drivers and software supplied normally has added benefits such as making your camera into a webcam or addition editing features.

If you plug the card in, it should recognise it. Or you could probably visit the company's website for drivers.

Charence

apollogeemark 17:16 06 Jun 04

Charence.

Hi. Windows don't seem to see it when i try my computer screen.
I think i definetly need the driver for the camera,or is there away to get it seen in My computer.

Thanks

Charence 17:20 06 Jun 04

My camera hasn't got a driver and it just appears next to my Floppy and DVD icons in my computer automatically. When you first plug it in, it should say Windows detects a new hardware and you follow the instructions.

However, if this does not happen with your camera, try to go to manufacturers website. Also see if plugging it into a different USB port works.

What is the Make and Model of your camera?

Charence

apollogeemark 17:38 06 Jun 04

Hi Its one of those unbranded type.
click here.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017