camera and computer wont talk to each other

lignum vitae 14:09 08 Apr 05

I have just purchased a Fuji 810 and have downloaded the fine pix viewer software to my computer(XP Home) and have followed the instructions very carefully but cannot get the computer to automatically download the photos.I can download by going to "My Computer" and clicking on removable disk J but would like to get it done automatically .My canon is no problem and downloads automatically to downloader pro.Anyone any ideas?

Indigo 1 14:16 08 Apr 05

I don't know about Fuji but certainly with my Canon it's not as straightforward as it could be.

I first have to wait for the USB connection to be recognised then turn on the camera in 'view' mode, then open the camera software and select the download options and wait for them to appear then select 'view pictures' then select the pics that I want to download then give them a name and file to put them in etc etc.

I am assuming that you are using USB connection and that it has been recognised before you continue, and that you open the software manually etc.

lignum vitae 14:22 08 Apr 05

This is why I am asking as it is dead easy with my Canon I just plug into camera and USB port and I just download to "Downloader Pro".The fuji just isn't recognized by the computer.

pj123 14:38 08 Apr 05

Although this is probably what you don't want to hear. I never connect my cameras (Minolta and Nikon) direct to the computer any more. I have an 8 in 1 card reader permanently connected and just insert the card as and when I need to.

lignum vitae 14:50 08 Apr 05

PJ123
That is just what I want to hear. have no experience with card readers but do you think that would be the solution.

PA28 14:54 08 Apr 05

Go with the card reader. They save your batteries and transfer is fast and reliable. I use a Belkin all in one for my digital cameras (Canon A70 and 300D - both CF1 - and my kids use two Olympus cameras - Smartmedia) and it cuts out all the problems. Shouldn't cost more than about £15 - £20 either. You'll not regret this move.

Indigo 1 15:15 08 Apr 05

I found using the card reader that you can't access all the details of the individual pics though, like date and time and shutter/aperture/flash settings, I can only get access through the Canon software.

The card reader is much quicker though.

Technotiger 15:33 08 Apr 05

Hi, as you already know - I too have just bought the Fufi F810 - I would advise a Card Reader - you will need one for your XD Card - I use the Dazzle reader/writer. £15 in my local pc shop complete with OnDVD Software.

Cheers.

Technotiger 15:36 08 Apr 05

ps - like pj123, I never connect cam to pc.

lignum vitae 16:10 08 Apr 05

Thanks for all the advice I will get myself a card reader.Technotiger re my previous post I have got a XD adapter for my Epsom and it is working a treat.Thanks for your help.

PA28 17:38 08 Apr 05

If you have Photoshop or similar the details are embedded in the file - have a look at (File Properties) EXIF information. It'll nearly tell you what you had for breakfast that day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…